I know I’m a bit late on this post, but there’s been so much going on! So, without further adieu, here are my 5 favorite runways and other favorite looks from New York Fashion Week– the Fall 2015 Collections 😉 All images from style.com
5. Nanette Lepore: The Fall 2015 collection is feminine, preppy, and a bit rebellious… business-bohemian at its finest 😉 With a lovely color story made up predominately of shades of salmon and teal and just the right amount of military details, this collection is right on point!
4. Michael Kors: Mixing together menswear textures and fabrics with a bit of opulence the Fall 2015 collection from Michael Kors is genius (as usual).
3. Anna Sui: The collection masters the art of laid-back bohemian style, but with a bit of Nordic flare.
2. Ralph Lauren: One thing that sets a seasoned pro like Ralph Lauren apart from the newbies, is his seamless transitions on the runway– the looks flow from one to the next like waves. The 2015 Fall collection presents country-inspired textures of fringe and crochet in silhouettes fit for the city streets.
1. Lela Rose: I DIE!!! One of the most unique and inspired collections for fall! The looks are incredibly sweet with just the right amount of structure. The sparkling leaf prints were especially beautiful 😉
J.Crew and Banana Republic have been compared against one another for years, and with Banana Republic making its premier at NYFW we can’t help but invite the comparison again– especially since Marissa Webb, ex-head of women’s wear for J.Crew has become the new Creative Director for Banana Republic. Webb has been instrumental in the rising success of J.Crew over the last few years and everyone is curious how she will “mix-it-up” with a brand so similar to her previous employer. Based on the showing at NYFW, it appears she still has some tricks up her sleeve 😉 Which collection do you prefer? All photos from STYLE.COM