I know I’m a bit late on this post, but there’s been so much going on! So, without further adieu, here are my 5 favorite runways and other favorite looks from New York Fashion Week– the Fall 2015 Collections 😉 All images from style.com
5. Nanette Lepore: The Fall 2015 collection is feminine, preppy, and a bit rebellious… business-bohemian at its finest 😉 With a lovely color story made up predominately of shades of salmon and teal and just the right amount of military details, this collection is right on point!
4. Michael Kors: Mixing together menswear textures and fabrics with a bit of opulence the Fall 2015 collection from Michael Kors is genius (as usual).
3. Anna Sui: The collection masters the art of laid-back bohemian style, but with a bit of Nordic flare.
2. Ralph Lauren: One thing that sets a seasoned pro like Ralph Lauren apart from the newbies, is his seamless transitions on the runway– the looks flow from one to the next like waves. The 2015 Fall collection presents country-inspired textures of fringe and crochet in silhouettes fit for the city streets.
1. Lela Rose: I DIE!!! One of the most unique and inspired collections for fall! The looks are incredibly sweet with just the right amount of structure. The sparkling leaf prints were especially beautiful 😉
It’s been a great (albeit cold) February! Take a peek back at all of my ensembles from month 2 😉 Which one was your favorite? Click the title link to go to individual post with outfit details. Photo Credits: Anne Yarbrough Photography
There is very little I love more than a good critter print and this lovely silk button-down is no exception! On one of my thrifting excursions I stumbled across this top and it was [puppy] love at first sight 😉 It was missing three buttons, but thanks to the teachings of my grandmother, that was an easy fix…
I’ve been wanting a pair of red rain boots for years and had my eyes on the ones from Hunter, but when I saw these pretty pups from Michael Kors, I knew they had to be mine– not to mention they were $23 less than the ones from Hunter. I absolutely adore these little puddle-jumpers and find myself wearing them on days when it’s not even raining 😉 The bright shiny red is really fun, but the styling looks really sleek and sophisticated (Thanks Mr. Kors).
Every now and then a hair trend comes along that really lends itself to my laid-back ways and the hair tuck is most definitely of that variety. It all started at the Tory Burch fall show and moved it’s way through the runways via BCBG, Burberry Prorsum, and Tom Ford. It really is as simple as it sounds, your hair tucked into your chunky fall/winter pieces like turtlenecks, fluffy vests, and blanket scarves…
Besides the fact that all the cool girls are doing it, there are other reasons you should try “The Hair Tuck” for yourself: 1. Windy Days – keeps your hair from blowing all over the place; 2. Faux Bob – the wavy bob is becoming the hottest upcoming hairstyle, so the tuck gives you the look of a bob without committing to the scissors; 3. Warmth – creates another warming layer on your neck for those cold winter days still to come.