Since the PFW schedule was announced, I’ve been sitting on pins and needles for Day 8! A day that begins with Chanel, middles with Valentino, and ends with Alexander McQueen is a fashion addicts DREAM! The hardest part was narrowing down three favorites…
Day 5 of Paris Fashion Week was quite a day… Probably the most “Parisian” we’ve seen so far. The party dresses by Martin Grant were incredibly chic yet wearable with pieces available for business and cocktail hour; the Elie Saab collection was everything you expect and more with gorgeous gowns I’m sure we’ll see on The Red Carpet; and Olympia Le-Tan was a theatric surprise of ballet-inspired pieces that hit the perfect balance between show-quality and actually-wearable… Check out my favorites below:
Paris Fashion Week started yesterday on Tuesday, March 3rd. I’ve gotten a little behind on my other “Fashion Week” posts from New York, London, & Milanso, so now that I’m all caught up… Check out my favorites so far!
Picture sources (where you can find complete galleries):
STYLE.COM: Coperni Femme // Comptoir des Cotonniers // Anthony Vaccarello
NYMAG.COM: Each X Other // Christine Phung // Pascal Millet
All photos from day two were found on STYLE.COM – click the link to view complete galleries from all of the runways 😉
5. The Fall 2015 Collection from Roccobarocco mixed rich silvery-greys with bright neons in a way that felt vintage and modern at the same time. I feel like it’s one of the most wearable collections I’ve seen on the runway– I know I want to wear everything.
4. If I could use one word to describe Alberta Ferretti’s runway, it would be: romantic. With a passionate nod to the Italian Renaissance, the collection sometimes bordered on “costumey”. However, the flow of looks definitely made this runway stand out in my mind.
3. On every chair at the Gucci show was a note with a quote by Italian philosopher Giorgio Agamben that read, “Those who are truly contemporary are those who neither perfectly coincide with their time nor adapt to its demands…Contemporariness, then, is that relationship with time that adheres to it through a disconnection.” The collection was a perfect marriage between what we knowingly wanted to see and what we had no idea we wanted to see… With two color stories that wove back and forth between each other then somehow came together in details that would make any runway-junky smile, Allessandro Michele had his first Milan Fashion Week moment as the brand’s new creative director.
2. Philosophy by Di Lorenzo Serafini, you had me at cable knit cape…. This beautiful collection feels like a celebration in femininity! From the airiness of the fabrics, to the mixing of the delicate prints, to the ruffles in all the right places– Looking through the collection makes me so happy to be a girl 😉
1. Dolce & Gabbana’s runway was one of the most fun I have seen… ever! With a focus on the concepts of love and motherhood, the rose theme carried throughout the show was perfect! It’s really one you just have to see for yourself…
Other stand-outs from the Fall 2015 Milan Fashion Week:
Photo (and where you can find complete show galleries) found here.
5. Bora Aksu’s collection for 2015 was so unique! It was romantic, opulent, and a little gothic… I absolutely LOVE the grey/gold styled together! Photos and complete show found here.
4. I don’t know that Julien Macdonald stepped out of his wheelhouse for his Fall 2015 collection, but why would he? Photos from style.com
3. Paul Costelloe showed a perfect mix of runway statements and wearable pieces with a flawless transition from one look to the next. Photo source.
2. The 2015 Fall collection from Burberry Prorsum focused on “heirloom pieces” in funky prints reminiscent of the the 1960s. Very Talitha Getty 😉 Photos from style.com
1. Temperley London was my favorite runway from London Fashion Week! The prints and silhouettes were so fun and modern, and the layering choices were right on point (love the scarf theme throughout). While all the transitions were lovely, the teal and white/gold color stories were my favorite 😉 Photos from style.com
Other highlights from London Fashion Week (Fall 2015):
I know I’m a bit late on this post, but there’s been so much going on! So, without further adieu, here are my 5 favorite runways and other favorite looks from New York Fashion Week– the Fall 2015 Collections 😉 All images from style.com
5. Nanette Lepore: The Fall 2015 collection is feminine, preppy, and a bit rebellious… business-bohemian at its finest 😉 With a lovely color story made up predominately of shades of salmon and teal and just the right amount of military details, this collection is right on point!
4. Michael Kors: Mixing together menswear textures and fabrics with a bit of opulence the Fall 2015 collection from Michael Kors is genius (as usual).