Whew! I had a really hard time picking my favorite looks from The Golden Globes Red Carpet this year. When I went to bed last night I was sure I had narrowed it down, but when all of the makeup and hair close-ups were posted this morning my list totally changed. So, here it is:
15. Anna Kendrick in Monique Lhullier – The gown is stunning and her makeup is flawless, but a sideswept bun or simple braid (somewhere) might have elevated her look to the Top 5.
14. Lorde in Narcissco Rodriguez – Lorde’s 3-piece suit featured a crop top and high-waist trousers and I must say that I think it’s the prettiest I’ve ever seen her look.
13. Emily Blunt in Michael Kors – At first I wasn’t totally sold on her white gown, but when paired with her beautifully bohemian braids and turquoise jewels her gown makes total sense.
12. Katherine Heigl in Zac Posen – No Red Carpet list would be complete without a Zac Posen gown. While several appeared at The Golden Globes this year, the navy donned by Katherine Heigl was exquisite. Her simple makeup and wavy sideswept hair completed her perfectly feminine look.
11. Julianne Moore in Givenchy – This gown is AMAZING!!! I totally die for it! In fact, it’s so exquisite I would have preferred a simple updo or ponytail to complete the look.
10. Jennifer Lopez in Zuhair Murad – We’ll start with the perfect smokey makeup and beautifully big hair – PERFECT! Moving on to the golden caped dress… Jennifer was truly a show-stopper in the way only she can really be with a super high slit and plunging neckline that showed off her gams… and globes 😉 — Hey, if you’ve got it – flaunt it!
9. Amy Adams in Versace – There is absolutely nothing wrong with this look. The color brings out her eyes and her hair and makeup are simply glamourous. Perfect for a back-to-back winner at The Golden Globes 😉
8. Kate Beckinsale in Ellie Saab – Kate must be one of the most effortless women in the history! She is so elegant and beautiful I’m pretty sure she could show up in a trash bag… but she didn’t. Instead, she sparkles on the red carpet in gorgeous gown and perfect high-bun updo. Killin’ it Kate!
7. Jessica Chastain in Atelier Versace – Jessica’s dress was another one I wasn’t 100% about, but I found I couldn’t stop staring at her! So, I think when you put all of the pieces together, her look is incredibly captivating overall: the bronze of the dress compliments her hair and skin tone, her hair is camera ready, and her smokey makeup suits her perfectly!
6. Chrissy Teigen in Zuhair Murad – Is there anyone cuter than Chrissy Teigen? I love to see her playful style on The Red Carpet 😉 She did not disappoint with a pinkish nude illusion gown paired with a precious ponytail and sultry nude makeup.
5. Gina Rodriguez in Badgley Mischka – I was hooked on her black gown with fringe and lace bottom from the first time I saw it and it stayed at the top of my list all along… pair with her perfectly sideswept hair and flirty eye-makeup and you’ve got a pretty solid Golden Globes debut!
4. Allison Williams in Armani Prive – Allison’s tiered red gown took my breath away! It’s the kind of dress little girls dream of wearing on the red carpet while her smokey eyes and glamorous locks make the overall look much more grown-up.
3. Emma Stone in Lanvin – I don’t know how many people could pull this look off on the red carpet, but for Emma, it just works! The pantsuit is so flirty and fun while the sparkly top and back bow make it glamorous enough for an evening at The Golden Globes. I absolutely love her hair and dolled-up makeup!
2. Felicity Jones in Christian Dior – The moment I saw this gown I died and went to red carpet heaven!!! The back buttons literally made me exhale with joy! The overall look with glamorous makeup, sleek hair, and vintage-inspired earrings was perfection 😉 I can’t wait to see what else she wears on The Red Carpet this year!
1. Sienna Miller in Miu Miu – We all know that Sienna Miller will always pull something a little unique out of her closet (or her stylists’) and she did not disappoint! I absolutely LOVE this embroidered gown from Miu Miu, but her hair and makeup are what really sealed the deal for me. Her simple-soft makeup and wavy cropped bob really compliment the exquisite details of the gown. The look is a win all around… for me anyway 😉
Did we leave off your favorite? I promise it wasn’t a snub! Tell us about your favorite look below in the comments 😉