We’re moving further into Awards Season and the Critics’ Choice Awards did not disappoint! Check out our top picks from The Red Carpet:
7. Leslie Mann in Reem Acra – One of my favorite H2T looks so far this award season! Leslie looked beautiful in a midi-length dress with KILLER shoes! Loose waves were certainly a theme at the CCAs and it was a perfect style to pair with her strapless dress and bright lips.
6. Jennifer Aniston in Gucci – We all heard rumors that Aniston wanted to hire Lupita Nyongo’s stylist, Micaela Erlanger, to help her step out of her “safe” Red Carpet box, and it looks like it might be true. Jennifer was proving she’s still got it with a low-cut red tux from Gucci with perfectly placed necklaces in her decolletage. Keep it up, Jen! We love this side of you 😉
5. Michelle Monaghan in Elie Saab – Always stunning, Michelle looked flawless from head to toe in a black lace gown with perfectly placed see-through panels. Her updo was a great choice to show off the beauty of the neckline.
4. Reese Witherspoon in Lanvin – Reese looked like her uniquely stylish self in a gorgeous strapless satin gown with magenta bodice and floor-sweeping back bow. Her simple waves and smokey eyes were THE PERFECT Choice to go with her gown.
3. Diane Kruger in Naeem Khan – The flawless Diane Kruger looked stunning in a strapless satin gown with royal blue baroque print. Her dress definitely set her apart and her hair and makeup were the perfect variation on the typical down-and-loose-waves seen all over the red carpet last night.
2. Felicity Jones in Dolce & Gabbana – Okay… I’m developing a major girl crush on Felicity Jones! She looked SPECTACULAR in this black gown that bared the perfect amount of skin. Add her perfectly “messy” mini ponytail, pink lip, smokey eyes, and just the right amount of bling and you’ve got a red carpet look fit for the records!
1. Keira Knightley in Delpozo – This may just be one of my favorite red carpet gowns of all time! In fact, Felicity Jones would have easily been my #1 pick if not for this dress. It’s romantic, bohemian, classic, and… well… perfect! I’ll admit that I hadn’t heard of “Delpozo” before, but as soon as I saw this gown I immediately looked them up (awesome – another designer to be obsessed with). Keira’s “purple-ish” lipstick and eyeshadow stood out in all the right ways from the robin’s egg blue of her gown. Her swept-back updo was lovely as well, but the only thing I would have changed is a little braid pulled back on the left side.
So here’s what I would have done (if they had asked me):
3. Rosamund Pike: A sleek updo is definitely the best choice for this dress so you can see the mock neckline, but this hair is so sleek it almost looks painful I would have preferred something similar to the one on the right – still sleek, but more flattering.
Tell us your thoughts in the comments below!