Here at Wild Souls we appreciate a trend on the “fringe.” Which basically means, it’s not completely mainstream yet. You might see it on chic fashion bloggers, street fashion photos on Pinterest, or in a one page editorial in Lucky Magazine – but it won’t be in every boutique store window (just yet). This exclusion is what we love about “Fringe Trends”, EVERYONE else isn’t wearing it. We won’t go out in public and see 10 other girls sporting our same “trendy” item… Today we’re featuring one of our favorite “Fringe Trends” of the moment: Herringbone.
1. Black and White Herringbone Print Maxi Dress from Wild Souls. We love the wrap style, as it’s flattering on virtually everyone and the enlarged herringbone pattern is super fun.
2. This girl knows how to layer like a boss! Orange and cream herringbone skirt with knotted belt, chambray shirt, navy cardigan (with the cuffs showing), and cream colored cuff bracelet.
3. J. Crew has done it right with this herringbone vest. The enlarged pattern keeps the look modern and easy to pair, and Caitlin from Southern Curls and Pearls has done a great job pairing it with another great “fringe trend”: elbow patches. You should definitely check out her blog!
4. There is something very classic about a herringbone coat. We love how Alexandria from Lovely Pepa has layered hers with a cute tunic tee, leggings, and other warm/adorable winter accessories like the fuzzy hat, charcoal socks, and Hunter Boots (another excellent “fringe trend”). Check out her blog and post on Hunter Boots.
5. This look by Leslie Tessler is incredibly chic. Loving the idea of a herringbone cape paired with a denim shirt… Also, fantastic white glasses!
6. Another J. Crew herringbone piece done right! We love the idea of a menswear print being mixed with the jewel collar. Pair with the black skirt and you’ve got an ensemble fit for work or play.