Red and Gold were the colors that dominated the Red Carpet in 2014. Hate to say it, but we found the Grammy Red Carpet a bit… underwhelming. Most of our favorite looks are on the simple side, but most of the fashion seemed either “safe” or “tacky”. Not a lot of gowns fell into our favorite “grey area”. With that being said, here are our 12 favorite looks from the Grammy Awards Red Carpet.
12. Natasha Bedingfield’s overall look really worked for her and we love the silhouette of her Christian Siriano own. The only thing is the color… the pumpkin-y orange is sort of drab. If it was more of a coral or peach it could have kicked the look up a notch.
11. We appreciate that Sara Bareilles at least tried to take a risk in her unique gown from Blumarine, and it was about 90 % there- maybe if it was a typical hi-low that came down slightly lower in the front and didn’t have so much train in the back we would have liked it a little more. We DO love the pops of red and the hair!!!
10. Anna Kendrick looked lovely in an Azzaro gown with a plunging corset style front and high slit. The jeweled embellishments compliment the simple silver jewelry and her side swept hair is done just right.
9.Rita Ora’s Lanvin dress was an excellent choice for her. The shimmering green with hints of purple suited her complexion and hair. The mod shift silhouette showed off her gorgeous legs and the simple (but glam) hair and makeup was perfection. We do wish she had opted for a single index ring instead of all the jewelry on her hand.
8. Leave it to Katy Perry to mix it up oh so perfectly at The Grammys! She looked appropriately glamorous in a Valentino Couture gown decorated with music notes. So fabulous! Her high braided bun showed off her gorgeous face without taking away from the highly detailed gown.
7. Ariana Grande’s look was reminiscent of Sarah Jessica Parker with the flouncy floral gown and half-up hair. We love this choice for her for the red carpet. Her ballerina-esque shoes make a perfect pairing.
6. Miranda Lambert’s dress from Pamella Roland looked fantastic on her. We also love her bangles. However, we would have probably changed up the accessories a bit… maybe a silver sparkling clutch and less earrings. In fact, we love the choice of turquoise earrings, but we probably would have left it there with no frames around them. Also, the hair is a little flat, but the side swept style is a great idea.
5. Colbie Caillat looked daring in a red gown by Ezra Santos. Her simple high-bun goes perfectly with the high-neckline of the dress and detailed bodice.
4. Ciara glowed on the red carpet as she showed off her baby bump in a custom Pucci gown. The dark gold sets it apart from other gold dresses from the evening and makes it a bit more interesting.
3. Chrissy Teigen looked flawless in a sparkling gold gown from Johanna Johnson. The “not-overplunging” neckline offsets the high slit in front to perfection and her hair, makeup, and jewelry is just right!
2. Pink looked absolutely STUNNING in a red mermaid gown from Johanna Johnson with textured panels. The princess style corset neckline definitely shows off her arms and her signature haircut has just the right amount of glam.
1. Taylor Swift looked like a seasoned pro on the red carpet in a ridiculously amazing chain-link gown from Gucci Premiere. In our opinion, Miss Swift was miles ahead of everyone else on the red carpet. From her flawless gown to her perfect ponytail and makeup she walked the line perfectly between “safe” and “daring”. Keep it up Taylor!