There were some truly beautiful gowns at the 71st Annual Golden Globes. Here at Wild Souls we don’t necessarily believe in “Best & Worst” dressed… We instead like to think of it as “Safe & Daring”: Some go far in one direction or the other while others like to flirt with the line. The ones that “flirt” appropriately are always our favorites 😉 With that being said, here are our 20 favorite looks from the night.
20. Tatiana Maslany makes her Golden Globes debut with a nomination for “Best Actess in a TV Drama” for her roll in “Orphan Black”. Tatiana looks simply stunning in a Jenny Packham gown. The silver gown with shimmering fabric embroidered in the pleats falls beautifully and the bejeweled neckline and waist are exquisite. She completes the look with a faux bob and simple earrings.
19. Jenna Dewan-Tatum showed up on the arm of her husband, Channing Tatum in a gorgeous Versace Mermaid Gown. The attention-grabbing gown looked great on the red carpet and her hair and simple jewelry showed of the intricacies of the gown beautifully. I mean, when you’re wearing Versace, what else do you really need?
18. Elisabeth Moss looked somewhat Art Deco on the Red Carpet in an oxblood and black sequined gown from the J. Mendel Runway show. Finally stepping out of the shadows of her “Mad Men” co-stars, Elisabeth snatched the Golden Globe for “Best Actress in a Miniseries or TV Movie” with her roll in “Top of the Lake”.
17. Lily Rabe showed up to support her show “American Horror Story: Coven” for its’ “Best TV Movie or Miniseries” nomination in a gorgeous sequined nude illusion gown by Georges Hobeika and adornments from Lorraine Schwartz.
16. Olivia Wilde (and Baby Bump) showed up to support not one, but two films that were up for nomination: “Rush” for “Best Motion Picture” and “Her” for “Best Motion Picture, Comedy or Musical”. Her “Bump” (and green eyes) were shown off beautifully in this stunning and sparkling green gown by Gucci.
15. It’s hard to take your eyes off of Sofia Vergara no matter what she’s wearing, and this black strapless gown by Zac Posen and bold turquoise necklace by Lorraine Schwartz is no exception. Sofia looks like… well… herself (which is pretty fabulous) as she supports her show “Modern Family” nominated for “Best TV Series, Musical or Comedy” and her own nomination for “Best Supporting Actress in a Series, Miniseries, or TV Movie”.
14. The always poised, always lovely Cate Blanchett looked absolutely radiant on the red carpet in a black lace gown by Armani Prive. Cate walked away with the win for “Best Actress in a Motion Picture, Drama” for her roll in “Blue Jasmine”.
13. Some might say that Kaley Cuoco’s floral corset gown from Rani Zakhem Couture and emerald green smokey eye was “over-the-top”, but we think she has the right personality to carry it 😉
12. Michelle Dockery dazzled in a high-low Lace and gold fleck Oscar De La Renta ball gown when she showed to support “Downton Abbey”, nominated for “Best TV Drama”. Her beautiful lipstick color complimented her skin, hair, and dress perfectly. We’re swooning for her (as always)!
11. Kate Beckinsale stunned on the Red Carpet in a gorgeous shimmering gown by Zuhair Murad and earrings from Choppard.
10. Laura Carmichael looked far away from “Downton Abbey” in a rather modern and edgy column dress by Viktor and Rolf with black side panel. Not to mention her rhinestone purse and baubles – LOVE!
9. Who doesn’t love Jennifer Lawrence and her shenanigans? I mean, come on! She does wonderfully “real” things on the red carpet like talk about how hungry she is and photobombs Taylor Swift WHILE wearing stunning Dior gowns (she is one of their spokesmodels after all). We love you Miss Lawrence and we’re so happy that “American Hustle” won “Best Motion Picture, Comedy or Musical” and that you walked away with The Golden Globe for “Best Supporting Actress”. You GO girl! Can’t way to see what you do (and what you wear) in the future.
8. Taylor Swift looks chic and lovely in this two toned dress from Carolina Herrera and simple jewelry. We love the juxtaposition of the very modern style dress and vintage hollywood hair and makeup (including Taylor’s signature red lip). Taylor was nominated for “Best Original Song from a Motion Picture” for “Sweeter Than Fiction” from “One Chance”.
7. Zooey Deschanel walked The Red Carpet as a delicate flower from head to toe in an oh-so-sweet golden ensemble from Oscar De La Renta including a crop top and hi-lo skirt. She even had daisies painted on her fingernails. So cute and sweet, just like our Zooey 😉 She may not have walked away with the Golden Globe for “Best Actress in a TV Comedy or musical” THIS TIME, but we wish her much success in the future.
6. Emilia Clarke stepped away from her “Warrior Dragon” style in “Game of Thrones” and totally WOWED in this sparkling mosaic gown with front slit by Proenza Schouler. Her simple hair and makeup was perfection and went perfectly with her unique ensemble. We also love her gold bangles from Sidney Garber.
5. Emma Watson proves once and for all, that some people can pull off anything! A Dior ensemble that would have been a disaster on some, looked youthful and cool on Emma. We’re sure that some will disagree, but we really like it. The dress looks stunning in the front and shows her black cigarette pants in the back. It’s almost like she though, “I can’t find appropriate undergarments for this gown, so I’ll just throw these pants on to cover my ass.” Her hair and makeup are flawless and the blue shoe is amazing! We always look forward to what you are wearing, Emma, and you have yet to let us down.
4. Catt Sadler looked A-MA-ZING in this exquisite gown with lace panels on the sides and back from Paolo Sebastian. Though we would have preferred an “all back” ponytail , the “E! News Weekend” correspondent certainly held her own on The Red Carpet.
3. TV Personality Rocsi Diaz showed up on the red carpet looking absolutely flawless! Her J. Mendel Gown boasted layers of cream and taupe and fell in a lovely mermaid silhouette. Her jewelry was simple and elegant and her hair and makeup fit perfectly with her overall look. Bravo Rocsi!
2. Margot Robbie exploded onto the scene at The Golden Globes in a gorgeous ivory satin gown with jewels by Gucci. The plunging neckline and high slit definitely reflects an “if you’ve got it, flaunt it” attitude, and man-oh-man does she got it! Margot was present to support her movie “The Wolf of Wall Street” for “Best Motion Picture, Comedy or Musical” and I predict that she will be one of the next “Big Things” in Hollywood. Remember her name folks, Margot Robbie has planted her Aussie hooves on U.S. soil and she ain’t going nowhere… or at least we hope not 😉
1. Of all the lovely ladies and gorgeous gowns on the Red Carpet, it was Sosie Bacon (daugter of Kyra Sedgwick and Kevin Bacon) that stole our hearts. She looked gorgeously and appropriately bohemian and we absolutely love her entire look: from her wavy long locks and her flawlessly natural makeup, to her ethereal lace embellished gown from Rhea Costa – we… are… loving it! Sosie was present, with parents, as she was named “Miss Golden Globes” by the Hollywood Foreign Press Association – which means she was asked to assist in the handing out of awards…. Pretty decent honor for a girl of 21. You may be relatively new on the Hollywood scene Little Miss Bacon, but we have taken notice and can’t wait to see what you do in the future!